Beginning in the October 2017 issue, Hippocampus Magazine is accepting advertisements by way of issue sponsorship. In addition to your brand messaging appearing prominently on our homepage (and all subpages) for one month, you’ll receive powerful added value through our email list and social networks.
This advertising option allows companies and organizations serving writers the chance to reach out to people who may be interested in what they offer. Likewise, this support helps Hippocampus Magazine, an independent and mostly editor-funded venture, become a more sustainable publication. Revenue from advertising will primarily help fund contributor payments. By limiting the number of advertisers per issue, we can feature sponsors with minimal visual impact on how users view our website today: tastefully placed.
Added Value: Hippocampus Reach
Your sponsorship gives your brand visibility beyond our website. In addition to traffic to our content, you’ll also receive amplified exposure on our social channels and through our email list. The impressions you’ll receive make this sponsorship one of incredible value.
Stats as of Fall 2017
- 7,700 Twitter followers (as of Dec. 10)
- 1,108,200 – Twitter impressions in last 12 months (As of Oct.)
- 3,088 – Facebook page likes (as of Dec. 10)
- 44,000 – average monthly post reach on Facebook in last 12 months (As of Oct.)
- 1,111 – Instagram followers (as of Dec. 10)
- 3,800 – average monthly Facebook post engagement (likes, comments, shares, as of Oct.)
- 94,414 – unique visits to HippocampusMagazine.com in last 12 months (As of Oct.)
- 226,592 – pageviews on HippocampusMagazine.com in last 12 months (As of Oct.)
- 18,882 – average pageviews per month on HippocampusMagazine.com in last 12 months (As of Oct.)
- 5,726 – mailing list size (as of Dec. 10)
- Higher-than-average open-rate and click-through rate than industry (publishing) standard
Exclusivity: Focused on YOU
To give our sponsors the best value possible, we’re limiting each issue to just one sponsor. Your ad will be the ONLY ad visitors to our website will see during the month you’ve claimed, and your sponsor message will be the only one that appears in our newsletter that month. There will be no brand dilution within our page, no chance of your ad getting lost in the shuffle among other ads and sponsored content links.
Some issues may also include a small, square promotional partner image or a small, square ad for a Hippocampus event or product, which will be shown beneath the advertisement and will not feature a similar type of promotion.
What could you promote?
- An MFA program
- A writer’s retreat
- A writing conference
- An online course
- Editing or coaching services
- A new memoir
- Book printing packages
- Marketing software and support
- YOUR BIG THING HERE
Next Steps: Reserve Your Space
Step 1) Choose the month which you wish to sponsor, and make payment with credit card. (You may also ask for an invoice, and/or pay by check.) Please note that if a month has already been selected, it may still appear on the list, and you will be notified it’s unavailable.
|Choose a Month|
|Name of Organization|
Step 2) Send artwork (ad and social images) to email@example.com and complete the advertiser information form, which you’ll receive shortly after your purchase; this will be where you provide copy, etc.
Step 3) We’ll follow up with you before, during, and after your campaign, including delivering reports of activity.
Thank you for your support.