Hippocampus Magazine is delighted to share our Pushcart nominees for this year — our inaugural year:
- Holy Tribunal, Jane Hammons (essay, July 2011)
- Scraping the Bottom, Nancy Brandwein (essay, August 2011)
- Word, Lori M. Myers (essay, September 2011)
- The Thing That Worked, Ben Jolivet (essay, October 2011)
- X-rays Are My Souvenirs, Susan Rukeyser (essay, November 2011)
- The Echo of a Fall, Anika Fajardo (memoir excerpt, November 2011)
We wish Jane, Nancy, Lori, Ben, Susan and Anika the best of luck as the Pushcart editors sort through nominations from hundreds of literary mags and select the short-list and winners.
If you missed the stories the first time around, please give them a read; the stories are also linked above.
To learn more about Pushcart Prize: The Best of the Small Presses, visit its official website.